||Nov 18, 2020
3M is seeking an Occupational Health Nurse Supervisor for its Occupational Health team located in London, Ontario. The successful candidate will make an impact by promoting the health and well-being of 3M employees through onsite services and programs, implementing population-based programs to manage or improve health.
- Provide supervisory/managerial leadership for OHNs at 3M manufacturing locations across Canada
- Provide direct care for injury and illness and/or referring to community healthcare provider as necessary
To set you up for success in this role from Day 1, 3M requires (at minimum) the following qualifications
- Lead case and care management planning for occupational and non-occupational illness and injury, collaborating with vendor(s) or appropriate parties to determine return to work/disability management plan
- Plan, implement, and evaluate required or recommended medical surveillance and fitness for duty programs according to protocols and ensure appropriate follow-up of results
- Lead health and well-being initiatives at the site. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates health promotion programs for plant population, including appropriate immunizations
- Document worker medical encounters in appropriate systems, maintaining proper documentation while preserving medical confidentiality according to 3M and medical practice standards
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of combined experience in Occupational Health, Public Health and/or Clinical Nursing in a private, public, government or military environment
- Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience working in a Manufacturing/Production environment providing direct delivery of nursing services to workers
- Minimum of 5-7 (5-7) years of occupational health nurse experience
- Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing
- CNA Occupational Health Certificate
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification (that includes AED)
- Certification in audiometric testing and spirometry
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel approximately 5% of the time, which may involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not offered
What We Offer:
- Knowledge and experience with Working knowledge of provincial OH&S, WSIB, and Human Rights
Apply here: Occ Health Nurse Supervisor
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences, and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Incentive Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program