This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Elgin County, ON
||May 12, 2023
||College Diploma (2 years)
The County of Elgin has a vacancy for a temporary Full-Time Administrative Assistant within our Homes and Senior Services department. This position performs a range of administrative duties under the direction of the Homes’ Administrator. Duties include, but are not limited to: processing resident admissions, completing extensive schedules and staff replacements in accordance to operating procedures and collective agreements, providing general accounting and clerical support to the Home, all while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary Office Administration diploma.
- Experience processing MLTC rate reduction applications is preferred.
- Experience in creating and maintaining complex schedules, processing timesheets and submitting payroll, processing accounts payables and receivables along with a strong ability to comprehend and work within various computer applications including Laserfiche, PCC, Kronos.
- Proficiency in office procedures, business machines, etc.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, composure and professionalism working in a hectic, high traffic and multi-functional department is a must.
- Flexibility and willingness to work at various locations is a must.
- Valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation is required.