We are seeking two Youth Event Leaders to work 35 hours per week with the TVCC Horizons team providing services to youth-aged clients (12+) this summer. These fixed term positions will begin in May 2022 and end in August 2022. The designated office will be London.
The successful candidates will report to the Manager, Family and Community Services and will work collaboratively with the Horizons Team to support youth engagement in centre and community-based activities. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
These positions exist as a result of funding received through Employment and Social Development Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs program. This program gives priority to organizations which provide opportunities to youth with disabilities and requires that applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment. We are interested in hearing from candidates with disabilities who have the ability to direct their own accommodation needs within a workplace setting.
• Support the coordination and provision of both virtual and in-person youth summer activities and education
• Facilitate participation of TVCC clients in community activities to build life skills
• Assist with the development of best practices and evidence informed services (e.g. literature review) and resources for youth and families
• Adhere to the deliverables, processes and guidelines of services for youth
• Work with team to complete all applicable event planning documents and forms
• Assist with and provide input for evaluation methods for youth-oriented activities
• Provide input on and participate in related youth activities (e.g., Services for Youth, Outcome Measures for Youth, Trailblazers Youth Advisory Council)
• Provide perspective to TVCC on youth engagement
• Complete administrative tasks such as GoldCare Planning Calendar, year-end event reports or as requested by the FACS manager
• Enrolment in a related University or College program is preferred;
• Preference will be given to candidates with lived experience with a disability;
• Experience with group facilitation and event planning;
• Understanding of risk management when working with youth;
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within an integrated team;
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with or without assistive devices or assistive technology, including the ability to communicate effectively in groups and individually;
• Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
• Creative problem solving skills;
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Word and Excel, as well as familiarity with social networking tools and video conferencing software (e.g., Zoom);
• Ability to travel within Southwestern Ontario would be considered an asset.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
by May 15, 2022. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position you are interested in. To learn more about TVCC, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
Please note that TVCC has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Any offer of employment will be conditional on providing proof of vaccination in accordance with our policy.