This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 19, 2022
The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,000 employees working together to educate approximately 22,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and the Centre for Lifelong Learning within Middlesex, Oxford, and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
We invite applications for the full-time position of...
COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOLS AND CUSTODIAL SUPERVISOR
ASSOCIATION OF BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS (NON-UNION EMPLOYEE GROUP)
FULL-TIME POSITION - SALARY RANGE: $78,452 to $89,149 (commensurate with experience)
Hours of work will include evening shifts (2:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.)
The Community Use of Schools and Custodial Supervisor will manage the use of Board facilities for schools and community groups and coordinate custodial activities, supervise, support and train custodial staff, schedule shifts and staff replacement, security issues, and building reviews. The supervisor will ensure buildings are maintained as per Board policies, procedures and legislated acts and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Applications must include a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualification, and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor, by 4:00 p.m. on January 30, 2022. Please include “COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOLS AND CUSTODIAL SUPERVISOR” in the subject line.
Current conditions of employment with the London District Catholic School Board:
- Post-secondary education in Facilities Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent supervisory experience in building operations or maintenance, preferably in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of the Community Use of Schools (CUS) program is an asset
- Experience working in a recreation setting is preferred
- Knowledge of custodial systems and procedures, building finishes, fire alarms, mechanical (HVAC) and electrical systems
- Knowledge of pertinent codes and legislation related to custodial services
- Excellent communication, team building and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Excellent organization, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Computer proficient
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation to travel within the LDCSB district required
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of the mission of a Catholic school system
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere that fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination status (attestation) for all staff as directed by the Ministry; unvaccinated staff must comply with applicable testing directives.
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed.
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety protocols and training as required and directed.