This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|May 18, 2023
Special Constable (CSO 40945)
Campus Security Services
Facilities Management and Community Safety
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week with alternating shifts on a regular basis.
Salary Range: $62,782 to $78,476
Closing Date: June 1, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Note: The incumbent will be required to adhere to College Policy 1-D-08, Special Constable Authority and work alternating shifts on a regular basis.
Duties: Under the general direction of the Assistant Manager, Campus Security Services, and when on shift, the Patrol Supervisors for calls, the primary purpose of this position is to provide security and law enforcement at the College, including enforcement of College policies as it relates to safety and security. The incumbent will be required to successfully obtain Special Constable Authority through the London Police Service Board and to execute those authorities in accordance with the London Police Service, Special Constable Standard Operating Procedures. The incumbent will operationally be responsible for a security patrol shift, conducting investigations and to lay charges under both criminal and provincial legislation when warranted. The incumbent will also assist with efforts towards implementing crime prevention, safety awareness and workplace violence prevention programs conducive to the College environment and culture.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs
- Post-secondary 2-year diploma in a recognized Law Enforcement/Police Foundations/Law and Security Program or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ practical law enforcement/security background
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Dispute Resolution or Crisis Intervention training
- A valid certificate (Special/Constable) from the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police Constable Selection System or previous police/special constable experience
- Competency in computer operations (i.e. Word, Excel, Email, PowerPoint)
- Thorough knowledge of the Criminal Code and applicable Provincial Statutes and Municipal By-laws
- Knowledge of mediation skills and alternate dispute resolution methods
- Strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Knowledge/experience with basic investigative and interviewing techniques
- Ability to take charge in emergency situations
- Recognize and maintain confidentiality of security information
- Understanding of College community
- Understanding of Community Based Policing principles
- Knowledge of Ontario Fire Code, WHMIS, Spills Response procedures
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License