The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,800 employees working together to educate approximately 26,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and St. Patrick Adult and Continuing Education within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Association of Business Professionals (Non-Union Employee Group)
FULL TIME 1.0 FTE
Salary Range $80,426 to $91,391 commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, this position will be responsible for the extracting, analyzing,
reconciling, and assisting in the interpretation of financial and other statistical data. The Financial Analyst
will be a key member of the finance and purchasing team and will provide support for finance and
administration functions for internal, external and Ministry reporting
Qualifications and Skills required:
Applications must include a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualification, and the names and contact information of two professional references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor. Submit applications by 4:00 pm on Friday, December 22, 2023
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere which fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an accounting or business-related field
- Hold or working towards a Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation would be
- considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years of experience with a school board or other public-sector organization would be
- an asset
- Expert knowledge of accounting concepts for Ontario school boards and comprehensive
- understanding of educational funding requirements would be an asset
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner, and collaboratively in a team-based
- Advanced understanding of, and skills using, financial information systems and MS Office
- Demonstrated professional ethic and sensitivity to the confidential nature of the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.
V. Romeo, Director G. Pizzuti, Chair