Director, Strategy & Quality
Recognized throughout Southwestern Ontario as a leader in children’s (birth-14 years) mental health, Vanier Children’s Mental Wellness provides innovative treatment programs and services for children, experiencing emotional and behavioural challenges. For over 50 years, Vanier’s mission has been to improve the lives of infants, children, youth and their families through the provision of mental health services and support based on clinical excellence, collaboration, partnerships, and system leadership. Appointed by the Ontario Government as “Lead Agency for Child/Youth Mental Health (CYMH) System Management” in London-Middlesex (2014), Vanier is also accountable for community-wide Child/Youth Mental Health System Planning (MCYS: “Moving on Mental Health”).
Vanier Children’s Mental Wellness is seeking a dynamic, innovative healthcare Leader as Director, Strategy & Quality.
Director, Strategy and Quality is accountable to provide oversight and leadership for Vanier’s activities related to the development of a quality improvement plan, a lead person for Vanier teams and community partners related to quality improvement, performance measurements, development of quality reporting scorecards and benchmarking. Lead for client engagement strategy and client satisfaction initiatives; drive and oversee continuous improvement projects. Provide leadership in ensuring that evidence-informed practice, programs and services are in place to meet the requirements identified in applicable legislation and professional associations, funding and accountability agreements, program guidelines and agency policy. In addition, lead and monitors ongoing compliance to Accreditation Canada Standards and act as the Privacy Officer.
The Director is also responsible to provide leadership for the Core Leadership Council for the Child and Youth Mental Health System in London Middlesex. A key component of this role is to develop a strategic plan for the Child and Youth Mental Health System. Project leadership for system level projects. Lead the Business Intelligence (BI) solution local data governance committee. Participate in a leadership role in local, regional, and provincial committees. Responsible for the leadership, design and coordination, of stakeholder engagement to help define system change processes. The position requires an individual who has led community development initiatives and has strong capacity for ‘big picture’ thinking with demonstrated ability to drive action.
Required Education and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Social Work, Nursing, Allied Health, Social Sciences, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive leadership experience, preferably in a community, child and youth mental health or healthcare setting
- Five years of demonstrated experience in project leadership and quality improvement at a senior leadership role. LEAN/or Six Sigma certification(s) is preferred.
- Experience in defining and implementing Quality Strategy
- Excellent working knowledge of quality improvement and performance measurement methodologies including LEAN, and Six sigma.
- Demonstrated record of delivering results with excellent financial and quality leadership, risk management experience
- Through understanding of how to enable the culture shift to enhance the client experience within the children’s mental health or social services sector
- Knowledge and experience in overseeing client information system; including collecting and analyzing data for reporting and system planning.
- Proficiency in quality systems, statistical measurements and quality tools/standards,
- Proven success leveraging data and analytics to drive continuous improvement process and for effective decision-making.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of leaders and communities with demonstrated success in moving key stakeholders to positive resolution and to facilitate and coach clinical areas on change initiatives
- Record for creating quality improvement plans for monitoring and communicating results that is meaningful and inspires continuous improvement
- Strategic planning and execution of action plans that deliver results and motivate individuals for greater performance excellence
- Understands and appreciates the need to build/strengthen intersection points between children’s mental health services and related sector multi-disciplinary systems
- Experience in accreditation process
- Demonstrates advanced level statistical analysis and informatics competencies.c
- Excellent planning, project management and organization skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to build effective relationships
- Demonstrated ability to influence desired outcomes across all levels of an organization
- Exceptional judgement and ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality
- Knowledge of privacy laws and reporting privacy breaches.
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work at organization, and systems levels
All applicants are advised that offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check. Competitive pay and benefits.
Please submit your application via email to: Human Resources, Lesley Marriott @
- Transformational Leader
- Collaborator and Relationship builder
- Strategic and System thinker
- Quality and Client-focused
- Change management
- Continuous improvement
Vanier is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages women, Indigenous persons, persons with a disability and members of visible minority groups to apply.
Vanier is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Job Offline: This posting is currently not accepting applications.