||Jan 23, 2023
Administrative Assistant to the Vice-Provost and Chief Librarian
UWO Main Campus
Western Libraries - Administration and Operations
Select Administrative Group Employees
Return to Previous Page
Switch to Internal View
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: Level N
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Western Libraries (WL) is committed to excellence: anticipating information and service needs related to the University’s goals for research and scholarship, teaching and learning, and service to our university community and key partners. Our staff engages the Western academic community in the development of new services, and continuously strives to exceed the expectations of our diverse user groups.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing day to day executive level professional administrative support for the Vice-Provost & Chief Librarian (VP&CL), particularly in relation to the UWOFA/LA collective agreement. The role is responsible for ensuring deadlines are met and preparing required documents and/or processes in relation to the UWOFA/LA collective agreement, such as but not limited to the recruitment of new Librarians/Archivists. The Administrative Assistant also provides support by managing the VP&CL's extensive, complex and ever-changing schedule and calendar, including arranging administrative logistics for on and off campus meetings.
- 3 year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 3 years’ experience working in a busy executive office environment with constantly changing priorities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
- Strong customer service skills to handle enquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal clients, other departments, key business partners and external agencies
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and set appropriate priorities in a fast-paced setting
- Judgment, analytical and problem solving skills with a consultative and collaborative approach to addressing issues and opportunities
- Ability to work in a manner that is compliant with confidentiality requirements
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy with strong attention to detail and proofreading abilities with an excellent command of the English language
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative and follow through on work assignments
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with associates and colleagues including senior management
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca for further information and to apply online referencing job #29197 by 11:59PM on February 2, 2023.
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first consideration to qualified SAGE applicants.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.