RICHARD IVEY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS FOUNDATION
ABOUT IVEY BUSINESS SCHOOL:
Ivey Business School (www.ivey.ca) at Western University is widely regarded as Canada’s most prestigious business school and among the top in the world. Drawing on extensive research and business experience, Ivey equips students with the knowledge and capabilities they need to confidently take on business leadership challenges and opportunities. Ivey offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as Executive Education at campuses in London (Ontario), Toronto and Hong Kong.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Program Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of a wide range of programmatic, operational and administrative activities related to the preparation and (digital and on-site) delivery of multiple (and often overlapping) programs offered by Ivey Business School. The Program Manager works closely with faculty teams leading new and established programs (custom and open) delivered at various locations.
The Program Manager is responsible for fostering and growing meaningful relationships with hundreds of internal and external clients/stakeholders at every step of program preparation and delivery.
The role of the Program Manager is quite complex, ensuring that programs are delivered effectively and efficiently to create a world-class educational experience for all Executive Education clients.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Client Communication
- As the primary Ivey contact for program coordination, communicates directly with internal stakeholders and external corporate clients on all non-academic details (i.e. registration, program schedule, materials, events, guest speakers, etc.). In a timely manner, responds to individual participant’s inquiries.
- Designs program communication process to maximize the inquiry management and service response while maintaining consistency of messaging across program services (pre-program, on-site and post program).
- With consultation with the Marketing team, schedules the timing of the pre and post-program e-mails to avoid communication duplicates and eliminate message overlap.
- Delivers a formal speech at the program’s orientation session and communicates daily updates related to special activities, social events, guest speakers and schedule changes.
- Triages issues and crises as they arise, before escalating them to faculty.
- Faculty Communication and Teaching Materials
- Coordinates details for an integrated program schedule based on faculty and guest availability, client requirements and the correct flow of sessions (works with multiple stakeholders to secure possible program dates and address inevitable changes; formulates contingency plans for flawless program delivery when unforeseen changes call for reorganization of previously made arrangements).
- Coordinates the production of all program materials through liaison with teaching faculty (internal and external), corporate clients, guest speakers, Ivey Publishing and Graphic Services departments.
- Coordinates translation services when required by custom program clients.
- Creates and populates unique program portal websites for digital material distribution using the Canvas platform. Responsible for coaching faculty/participants on the electronic program’s structure and material accessibility, timely posting of required materials and resolving unexpected issues on the spot and ad hoc basis.
- Actively participates in faculty meetings prior to the program and follow up communications after its delivery.
- Event Management
- Coordinates facility details (availability, meeting space requirements, IT support, meal arrangements, event timelines) and investigates available options when faced with facility limitations due to multiple clients using it.
- Coordinates arrangements according to specific program requirements at Ivey Leadership Centre, Ivey Tangerine Leadership Centre and/or other off-site locations.
- In consultation with faculty/clients, identifies and recommends other venues that enhance planned events, finalizes event details and contracts (i.e. hotels, restaurants, catering, transportation).
- Plans and organizes program social events, including venue selection and price negotiation, attends all social events and ensures timely provision of service and adherence to previously agreed upon arrangements.
- Coordinates arrangements for guest speakers and senior managers by providing support for all aspects of their visit and presentations.
- Participates in program events and actively engages with diverse clientele in a social setting.
- Program Delivery
- Takes full ownership of the successful delivery of all non-academic program aspects to ensure client satisfaction.
- Working under high pressure and with tight deadlines during program’s on-site delivery, oversees the provision of all services required and effectively deals with unexpected issues and emergencies. Develops and maintains high standards of customer service at all times.
- Creates a seamless and professional experience for program participants, guest speakers and company’s senior executives. Required to meet and exceed client needs and expectations in accordance with Ivey’s standards of excellence.
- Makes decisions when presented with incomplete and/or inaccurate information in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Collects and reviews participants’ verbal comments and written evaluations, producing reports and following up on suggested improvements.
- Monitors and evaluates the service delivery model for highly customized programs and program academies.
- Program Budget Accountability
- Manages all non-academic aspects of assigned programs in accordance with projected budgets (conducts comprehensive analysis of options, risk factors and makes recommendations for social venues, team building activities and gifts; understands current and historical program spending specifications in relation to client requirements and sponsorship agreements; approves all program invoices and investigates incorrect charges).
- Diligently monitors participant attendance numbers and reports cancellations/guestroom reductions to the venue to avoid payment of cancellation fees.
- Prepares expense reconciliation after completion of custom programs.
- Provides input during the budget preparation process in relation to special activities and guest speakers, program materials and supplies, social events, additional services and equipment, etc.
- Project Management
- Assists with specific projects related to the development and implementation of innovative service initiatives, as requested by the Director, Operations.
- Develops, maintains and executes short and long-term general and detailed project plans to ensure successful execution of demanding program workload.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· University degree
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced service environment
· Strong client services skills and experience dealing with multiple client groups
· Sensitivity in dealing with confidential information and strong attention to details
· A proven ability to solve problems and make sound decisions independently
· Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
· Proven ability to build effective relationships with external and internal clients
· Solid digital skills and the ability to learn and use new software/ platforms quickly
· Demonstrated flexibility, initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Professional presence and presentation
· Willingness to travel
· Availability to work outside of regular business hours including weekends
Location: Ivey Business School, Western University, London, Ontario
This is a 2 year renewable contract position with full benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their applications in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference EE277 in the subject line. Candidates will be considered as applications are received and the posting will remain open until a candidate is identified.
DIVERSITY & ACCOMMODATION:
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other meetings, please contact Ivey Human Resources at email@example.com or by telephone at 519-661-2111 ext. 85771.