Part of the Ardent Group company, Glass Canada is a leading source of information for the Canadian glass and Metal Industry. Their editorial content focuses on leading edge equipment, technology, and glass professionals in the industry. Their goal is to provide businesses with an effective advertising medium to reach people directly involved in all aspects of the Canadian Glass Industry, while highlighting innovative technology and design employed daily by glaziers in the installation of glass and metal products. Established in the London market since 1994, Glass Canada has grown to become one of the largest locally owned and operated glass and glazing companies in southwest Ontario.
In partnership with Prime Management Group Inc., Glass Canada is recruiting for a motivated, collaborative, detailed oriented Senior Project Manager to join their organization in their London or Cambridge facilities.
As a member of the Commercial team and as a new Glass Canada family member, you will join a diverse, dynamic group of highly motivated individuals that bring with them a wide array of talents, skills, and backgrounds.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- The Senior Project Manager will maintain a leadership position and oversee all facets of the project life from contract award to final close-out of project by:
- Providing deliverables to specifications within timeframe and allotted budget.
- Upholding a healthy relationship with clients and stakeholders by providing excellent communication to all requests, concerns, questions and always displaying exceptional customer service.
- Understanding all project specifications and construction documents, performing complete and accurate window and door take-offs.
- Managing the project schedule in logical and efficient steps while regularly evaluating and monitoring the time required to meet all project deadlines.
- Purchasing of all materials in accordance with contract specifications and scheduling material procurement to project requirements.
- Leading the full-scale project organization, scheduling, and implementation details.
- Organizing and holding regular information meetings with the project foreman, providing effective leadership, and ensuring the efficient use of labour, equipment and materials used by the installers.
- Monitoring team members’ performance, providing feedback for improvement with positive reinforcement and taking necessary corrective action when required.
- Providing direction in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment concerns.
- Investigating and resolving any disputes, deficiencies, and charge backs that may occur.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Project Manager in the Commercial Glazing Industry.
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent.
- Proficient knowledge in the design, fabrication and installation of architectural glass and aluminum systems, curtain walls, window systems, skylight systems, and entrances.
- High-level construction knowledge with experience in estimating, project coordination and management.
- Demonstrated experience managing mid-size to large scale commercial construction projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, most importantly; Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe PDF. Proficiency in AutoCAD is also required.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with customers, vendors, suppliers, and business partners.
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to analyze and troubleshoot all customer concerns. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and architectural drawings with incredible attention to detail.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated use of building envelope science and construction management.
Prime Management Group Inc. will be accepting all applications in confidence from interested candidates. Requests for additional information on the role, and/or confidential suggestions or nominations, may also be submitted to Colleen Young, Director of Operations & Senior Recruitment Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.