||May 26, 2022
The Finance Associate will be responsible for bookkeeping and payroll in accordance with the mission, core principles, objectives, and policies approved by the Board of Trustees.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Middlesex Law Association, your responsibilities include:
- Maintaining accurate and efficient accounting records
- Processing approved invoices and expenses
- Maintaining complete personnel records for all employees
- Managing and administering payroll, including T4’s, deductions, remittances, ROE’s, etc.
- Providing month-end and year-end reports
- Preparing and submitting quarterly government remittances
- Performing account reconciliations, and posting payables, receivables, and journal entries
- Preparing year-end documents for annual audit by an external accounting firm
- Maintaining an up-to-date, complete, and systematic filing system to support bookkeeping and financial records, including regulatory obligations
- Assisting with the preparation of operating budgets, financial statements, and reports
- Keeping records and documenting financial processes
- Providing advice on best practices related to fiscal procedures
- Reviewing existing financial policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance
- Other financial-related duties as assigned
What you need to succeed
This role requires an average weekly commitment of 15 hours at approximately $25-$30 per hour depending on professional experience. While the successful candidate will be able to work remotely, they will also be required to work onsite as needed to fulfill the duties of the role.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equity & Inclusion – All applications will be kept confidential. The Middlesex Law Association is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including BIPOC, francophones, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Health & Safety – The Middlesex Law Association is committed to protecting employees and others from hazards in the workplace, including infectious and vaccine preventable diseases and to maintaining a protected workforce.
- 3+ years of experience in non-profit financial management, bookkeeping, or accounting
- Post-secondary education in accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as well as federal and provincial legislation affecting non-profit organizations
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software (preferably Sage50) and payroll software
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 365
- Concise and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills