||May 13, 2022
||High School Diploma
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 40
Hourly rate: $19.72
Please note, there are multiple temporary full-time opportunities available.
A Job Fair will be hosted by Facilities Management on June 2, 2022 from 10am-7pm at London Hall Residence. Bring your resume and meet with our team!
Considered Canada's most beautiful University, Western's main campus spans 400 acres of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern LEED-certified capital structures providing an idyllic environment for our community of scholars. The university is located in London, Canada, a safe, vibrant and welcoming community of more than 350,000 people serving as a regional medical and industrial hub for southwestern Ontario.
Facilities Management (FM) is responsible for the planning, development, construction, operation, maintenance and stewardship of all the buildings, infrastructure, sites and services within Western's campus community.
The Caretakers will assess and conduct cleaning/maintenance activities in order to provide a clean, safe and professionally maintained University facility under the direction of the Lead Caretaker or Building Manager.
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous institutional, hotel, or hospitality cleaning experience including the operation of cleaning equipment and use of cleaning materials
- Previous customer service experience, including maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, acknowledging and interacting with clients on a daily basis and displaying professional behavior
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to investigate, identify, analyze and document information in written or electronic form and resolve problems
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role, including to lift, bend, twist, turn, push, pull, walk, crouch, kneel, pinch, grasp, shovel, climb and reach repetitively
- Ability to transport materials, work in areas containing designated substances found within OH&S Act as required, and perform tasks in emergency situations
- Abilility to work well in a team environment as well as autonomously with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret and work from electronic/written operation instruction sheets as well as mechanical electrical and geographical drawings/maps and produce quick-sketch working diagrams
- Comprehensive electronic, oral and written communication skills with ability to listen fully and respond courteously to instructions, questions and comments, and establish a rapport with customers, leaders and peers
- Dependable and co-operative disposition, with ability to interact with others in positive ways which develop mutual understanding, respect and productive relationships
- Organizational skills, with ability to order work materials, tools, and support staff in the shop and on the job site
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca for further information and to apply online referencing job #26679 by midnight on July 10, 2022
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first consideration to qualified CUPE 2361 applicants.
Please note, successful applicants may be required to produce current police information record check from a police service prior to commencing employment.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.