||Jan 11, 2021
Assistant Manager, Payroll (BCD 201900439)
Benefits and Compensation
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time Temporary until February 28, 2023 with the possibility of extension
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Note: This is a full-time temporary Administrative position (37.5 hours per week) starting mid to late February 2021 and ending February 28, 2023 (Two-year contract with the possibility of extension). This position will currently work remotely with the possibility of a hybrid (remote/in office) approach in the future.
Duties: The Assistant Manager, Payroll, reporting to the Manager, Benefits and Compensation, provides expertise and support for the administration of payroll and is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the College's payroll system services including adherence with collective agreements, terms and conditions of employment, College policies and legislation.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 4-year degree (or 3-year degree/diploma with designation) in Business Administration, Accounting or Human Resources
- Minimum 5 years of payroll experience with demonstrated increase in responsibilities and previous supervisory experience
- Canadian Payroll Association Accreditation (PCP, CPM) required
- Excellent computer skills with maintained proficiency in all applicable software applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, accounting software, HRIS and payroll systems
- Experience working in a unionized, multi-employment group environment would be an asset