Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 16
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Western Communications staff seek to enhance, promote and protect the reputation of the university.
Students are essential to Western’s efforts to deepen our engagement in the world, and they are integral to our efforts to create more impact. The Marketing Manager, Recruitment will proactively and strategically plan and execute marketing communications initiatives to position the University in the minds of prospective students, including building and establishing brand awareness, driving consideration, and enhancing Western’s reputation. The role will manage the development and strategic planning for key undergraduate student recruitment materials, and leverage the appropriate technology platforms to advance the University’s reputation and ensure that critical enrollment targets are met. The role will work in collaboration with the student recruitment office to establish a strong and cohesive strategic direction for marketing programs in order to ensure a strong and engaged pipeline of prospective students, drive demand among diverse audiences, and reach and engage high potential students at key moments in their journey.
- Undergraduate Degree with a Major in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism/Media or related program
- 5 years' experience creating marketing materials for a range of audiences using diverse channels
- 3 years' experience in project management in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in post-secondary institutions or recruitment environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced skills with e-communication tools and social media platforms
- In-depth knowledge of social media best practices, processes, trends, and tools
- Compelling and persuasive communication skills to engage individuals inside and outside the University
- Ability to apply creativity and recommend strategies for engagement initiatives in response to cultural and social trends
- Ability to produce high quality work while determining own priorities and defining realistic objectives and timeframes
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization, and to value consensus as a desired outcome
- Commitment to ongoing professional development with a desire to take on new challenges
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule to accommodate the University’s events and activities
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of project teams to maximize productivity
- Proven ability to build both formal and informal professional relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca
for further information and to apply online referencing job #32679 by midnight on September 28th 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.