This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St Thomas, ON
||Feb 25, 2021
||College Diploma (2 years)
“We make Cool Stuff”
Arva Industries located in St. Thomas, Ontario is offering an excellent opportunity for a Quality Technician. In this role, you will be involved in the production and testing of mobile equipment, primarily cranes and trains, including mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical functions.
- Prepare, implement, and carry out Inspection and Test Plans, test procedures, check sheets for data collection and test reports.
- Audit sub-contractor quality and testing documentation and procedures.
- Conduct on-site visits to sub-contractors to inspect material.
- Organize and audit internal and sub-contractor quality documentation.
- Manage non-conformances found in the production areas and in formal Inspection.
- Work with Engineering and Production to determine dispositions and rework plans for non-conforming parts.
- Determine the root cause of non-conformances and define corrective actions.
- Define inspection processes, select inspection methods, and perform gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies.
- Monitor non-conformance trends and propose systemic corrective actions.
- Maintain, test and inspection equipment calibration.
- Ability to problem solve using a systematic and data driven approach to solving complex technical problems.
- Root cause analysis using tools such as Fishbone Diagrams and 5 Why’s
- Interpret mechanical and electrical drawings including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Statistical process control implementation, defining data gathering plans, performing statistical calculations using software tools and interpreting results.
- Excellent written, verbal and time management
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and TS16949 quality systems
- Ability to travel to visit sub contractors.
- Familiarity with Solidworks, AutoCAD and Microsoft office software
- Use of hand measurement tools such as gauge blocks, micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, laser measuring tapes and levels.
- Working knowledge of welding and metallurgy of steels, pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical systems
We offer a competitive salary based on experience. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum of College Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Five (5) years experience in a Quality role preferred.
- Experience in heavy equipment and cranes for use in rail and mining industries