Drake International has partnered with a growing London business and is assisting in their search for an Accounts Payable Clerk. This is a great opportunity to join a wonderful team and company.
To support a key associate on leave, we are looking for a temporary (4 month) Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance team. The essential function of this position is the maintenance of vendor accounts, including ensuring the validity of all charges to the company through receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling all vendor invoices.
Hourly Wage: $22/hr
Working Hours: Monday – Friday - 8am-4:30pm
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices;
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances;
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries;
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing payments, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation;
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing payments; includes auditing expense reports and analyzing spend for trends
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts and vendor files by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions;
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by participating in AP Team Daily Management
- Expectation to foster continuous improvement and drive efficiencies through process improvements and/or enhancing automation
- Assist in measuring and driving DPO (Working Capital) improvements - working closely with procurement, developing an action plan, and working alongside to execute plan
- Assists others in Finance as required (e.g. Tax, Financial Reporting, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of demonstrated Accounts Payable experience
- College degree/diploma, preferably in accounting or business administration
- Proven problem solving, organization, documentation, research, analysis and resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a rapidly changing environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS-Office products, including intermediate Excel experience (pivot tables, index match, v/h-lookups, if-statements)
- Other languages – written/spoken fluency an asset: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Mandarin
Interested candidates, please submit your resume for consideration. While we appreciate all applications, only those who meet the specific requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing, naturally evolving to offer a dynamic suite of Talent Management Solutions. Our mission is to create opportunities for people and increase organization's bottom line, through maximizing the potential of human capital assets.
Thank you for your interest in joining our Top Talent Group. Join the Drake Talent Networks. It's free, simple and quick!
Thank you for applying!