The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc – Full-Time Job Opportunity
Manager of Building Services / Chief Building Official
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is looking for someone who shares our values of teamwork, respect, honesty and commitment. You will be joining a team of dedicated, professional and committed co-workers, willing to go the extra mile to serve residents and ratepayers. Our mission is to lead and serve our communities by pursuing opportunities, leveraging partnerships and managing our resources to achieve growth. The bar is set high, but we strive to reach it together.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and promote positive change in a friendly, safe environment, we’d love to hear from you!
Strathroy-Caradoc… Urban Opportunity, Rural Hospitality.
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc’s Building and Planning Department is currently accepting applications for one (1) full-time permanent “Manager of Building Services / Chief Building Official.”
The Manager of Building Services / Chief Building Official is responsible for the management, operation and administration of the Building Services division. In addition, as the Chief Building Official, this position is responsible for the Municipality’s mandate under the Ontario Building Code and statutory duties as defined under the Building Code Act and any other applicable Municipal By-law. Under the direction of the Director of Building and Planning, this position serves as an integral part of the Building and Planning Team and performs a variety of leadership, administrative and technical work in the Building and Planning department, including overseeing processes related to permitting and inspection, plans review and ensuring health and safety requirements are met for new construction and renovations.
As a member of the Municipal team, each employee is responsible for serving the citizens of Strathroy-Caradoc by meeting the ratepayers’ needs and expectations, as articulated by Council, by striving to be the best in everything we do through attitude, training and creativity, and for representing the Municipality as a strong, integrated organization dedicated to quality, sustainable and viable services.
To view full job description please visit www.strathroy-caradoc.ca
Wage: Band 7 - $84,702.80 to $105,869.40
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package and participation in the OMERS pension plan
Qualified candidates are invited to e-mail their cover letter and resume by 11:59pm Monday, October 10, 2022 to:
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for employment purposes. The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
- Post-secondary degree / diploma in Architectural – Construction Engineering Technology or related field.
- Successful completion of the examination program authorized by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing in: House, Small Buildings, Large Buildings, Complex Buildings, Plumbing-House, Plumbing-All Buildings, HVAC-House, Building Services, Building Structural, On Site Sewage Systems
- Must have successfully passed the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing examination on Powers and Duties of CBO.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Municipal setting as Chief Building Official or equivalent experience involving the Building Code and Building Code Act.
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Must possess a valid Building Code Inspection Number (BCIN)
- Must have a thorough understanding of the technology and methodology of the construction industry and knowledge of building-related legislation, regulations and by-laws.
- Sound judgment and professional tact to gain cooperation and compliance from the general public, contractors, and industry professionals (Engineers and Architects).
- Understands and works within the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations, and any Municipal policies and procedures.
- Able to attend meetings outside normal work hours and/or responding to after-hours emergencies as required.
- Computer literacy utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and virtual meeting platforms.
- Must have a valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s licence with a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to starting employment.
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check prior to starting employment.