||Mar 17, 2020
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Mission of the Procurement Services team is to facilitate the best-value procurement of goods and services for Western departments through the use of strong procurement skill sets, solid win-win supplier negotiations, exemplary customer service and exceptional knowledge of procurement standards and guidelines.
Reporting to the eProcurement Manager, the Procurement and Contract Specialist is responsible for the effective and economical procurement of any equipment, goods or services required at Western and to assist in determining appropriate operating costs as required by researchers or Department Managers in Faculties and Departments within the University and related corporate entities. Each Procurement and Contract Specialist will be the Western lead in one of the following areas: Facilities Management, Research, Scientific or Business Products.
- University Degree or Community College Diploma preferably in one of the following areas: Supply Chain, Business, Project Management or Accounting
- Pursuing a related professional designation
- 3 years related procurement experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of purchasing ethics, concepts and practices
- Ability to ensure expenditures are within allotments, and to make appropriate modifications when required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Self-driven, critical thinker who is highly skilled at anticipating and resolving stakeholder relation issues
- Ability to produce high-quality results and workable solutions that meet client needs
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations that are clearly linked to the organization's strategy and goals
- Ability to quickly re-allocate resources and adjust priorities in response to unexpected events or changing circumstances
- Ability to provide guidance to assist others in solving complex problems
- Computer skills with the ability to train others in system usage; Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Influential interpersonal skills that build positive and strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop contracts, exercise tact and good judgment, and skillfully negotiate, bargain, compromise and conciliate as required
- Results-oriented with the ability to motivate and coach employees to meet high performance standards, while working effectively as a member of the leadership team
- Capacity to consider issues from the perspective of others and maintain an open mind
- Ability to provide analysis and make recommendations for designing new, and changing existing, processes
- Project management skills to ensure team roles are clear, milestones are communicated and deadlines are met
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #18757, by midnight on March 30, 2020. Please note, this is a temporary full time contract opportunity with an expected end date of August 31, 2021
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.