This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Feb 10, 2023
Our clients are pioneers in the field of precision insect farming, optimizing the growth and harvesting of an underutilized natural resource to meet global demand for sustainable ingredients and materials.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38.40-$39.00 per hour
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Licensed Millwright who is responsible for installing and dismantling machinery and equipment in accordance with company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams, as well as the troubleshooting and diagnosis of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic problems with associated equipment. We are looking for individuals who strive to make a difference with Our client, utilizing the latest advanced technologies and innovative knowledge systems in the industry. This role is in London, Ontario, and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- 12-hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
During the active construction phase, (until early 2022) this role will be required to work primarily Monday to Friday, 8-hour shifts. Post construction, this role will migrate to the department's regular structure of a 2-3-2, 2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights, 12-hour shift rotation.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS THAT MATTER
During the active construction phase, this position will play a critical role with the set-up of incoming equipment and processes, to ensure a successful startup. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Training with vendors, including software training (PLC, HMI, VFD, etc.)
- Assist with set-up of the PM program, and creation of spare parts inventory system
- Build CMMS system, create WI's, SOP's, HWP, CS, OPL's, etc
Contributions post-construction phase include, but are not limited to:
- Set-up of workshop and maintenance working areas
- Promote a Health and Safety, Food Safety and GMP Culture.
- Drive a Lean Culture focus that promotes performance by analyzing data to reduce waste, inefficiencies, while improving working conditions.
- Liaise with the Leadership team to provide best practices, analyze data, and report uptime/downtime impact.
- Inspection of incoming equipment, assembly and positioning machinery using hoists, dollies, and trucks and repair of any problems associated with new equipment.
- Aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Experience in moving, assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of machinery and equipment.
- Ability to fabricate, weld and machine new parts to replace defective and malfunctioning parts during machine set-up, maintenance or overhauls.
- Performance of planned preventative maintenance and emergency repairs as required.
- Monitor the Our client Maintenance program, provide recommendations, mentor, and advise on required changes.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- May be required to lead apprentices and direct them to ensure successful task completion.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working as a Licensed Millwright 433A.
- Experience working with Allan Bradley PLC’s, drives, RSview and Fanuc robotics considered an asset.
- Continuous improvement mindset; willingness to be training in different levels of Lean Manufacturing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team, in a fast paced environment; collaboration skills, as well as the ability to influence others.
GET EXCITED ABOUT OUR CLIENT
- Solid time management capabilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute deliverables.
- Our client has assembled the largest body of research on cricket biology and production in the world.
- We are pioneering the industry by customizing, synthesizing and integrating cutting-edge technologies, including an Advanced Automation ASRS, IoT-Enabled Data Accumulation, Artificial Intelligence and Selective Breeding and Biological Optimization processes.
Confidential inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 519 931 7488 to schedule an interview!
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, medical benefits, STD/LTD, RRSP and Stock Option plans.