This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 19, 2022
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, ZONE 4
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor, Zone 4
SALARY RANGE: $79,932-$105,707
HIRING RANGE: $79,932-$102,019
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2022 May 31
The Maintenance Supervisor provides leadership to the maintenance staff, directing work and ensuring proper planning, installation, operation, inspection, maintenance, and repairs to all mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems and associated equipment, components, and related processes at all TVDSB facilities. The Maintenance Supervisor also ensures a safe, clean, and well-maintained environment for students, staff and the community while complying with all government regulations to protect against injury, facility damage and school day losses.
- Supervise Facility Services staff including Plumbers, Electricians, HVAC technicians, Carpenters, Groundskeepers and Painters
- Maintain budget and expenditures
- Coordinate project management efforts and manage capital projects
- Participate in staffing, recruitment and training
- Support schools and Administration
- Provide leadership, monitor, manage and assess work performance, determine priorities, delegate work responsibilities, approve staff schedules, and participate in hiring process
- Coordinate with facility Administrators, Operations, Projects and Facility Services management to schedule maintenance work
- Establish 24-hour shift coverage and emergency response protocols
- Respond to emergency situations 24/7 and deploy staff as necessary
- Ensure safe, reliable operation of all mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems and associated equipment, components, and related processes
- Maintain an effective stewardship program for capital infrastructure that identifies, estimates, and defines the urgency of major repairs and restoration needs
- Maintain excellent communication and positive relationships with coworkers, staff, union officials, and stakeholders
- Utilize CMMS to receive, analyze, and assign work to staff, assist in the development and implementation of schedules and procedures for safety inspections, and preventative and predictive maintenance programs
- Monitor and effectively administer the assigned zone budget, investigating overages, and taking steps to prevent reoccurrence
- Approve vendor invoices and expenditures made by Maintenance staff
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor external agencies and vendors, including requests for quotation and inspections for a diverse variety of skilled disciplines
- Review and approve requests for site alterations
- Coordinate, direct and monitor external agencies and vendors, including requests for quotation and inspections for a diverse variety of skilled disciplines
- Review and approve requests for site alterations
- Coordinate meetings with Administration to identify their needs/wants for the facility
- Ensure that Administrators follow Board procurement and workflow process when obtaining equipment for their facilities
- Review and approve of locations for outdoor equipment and learning centers
- Research code requirements and advise Administrators regarding change of use requests
- Troubleshoot the Building Automation Systems to assess which trade is required for repairs
- Conduct monthly Health and Safety meetings
- Create Preventative Maintenance (PM) plans for various projects
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures including the safe operation and maintenance of all vehicles and equipment
- Work on special projects from time to time as requested by the Supervisor or delegate
Completion of a two (2) year post-secondary education in a business and/or maintenance related field or equivalent. Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated supervisory experience and abilities in maintenance management or facility services is required, including a minimum of 3 years’ experience supervising staff or leading work teams preferably in a unionized environment.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Sound understanding and proficiency with Building Codes and Regulations, HVAC systems, Health and Safety, and Project Management
- Knowledge of TVDSB specific software (i.e. Computerized Maintenance Management, Building Management System and accounting software) is required
- Skilled in conflict resolution tactics, prioritization, and time management
- Proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team