This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 24, 2020
||College Diploma (3 years)
Job Posting: Coordinator, Student Accounts
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Financial Controller
Employee Group: OPSEU
Salary Range: $46,318 – $57,898
Hours of Work: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Reporting to, and under the general direction of the Financial Controller, the Coordinator, Student Accounts will be the first point of contact for student accounts inquires and will maintain accurate records for this area. Working closely with the Student Services team, the incumbent will maintain accurate, up-to-date records of personal and financial information related to student accounts including billing and ensuring timely collection of student receivables. This position will be cross trained and provide support and back-up to the Coordinator, Accounting.
Working within a student-centered environment, the successful candidate will be the first point of contact for students, faculty and staff, and suppliers for all matters related to these accounts. Drawing on a strong customer service background, the incumbent will display exceptional tact, diplomacy and discretion in all interactions. This incumbent must be bondable and exercise confidentiality regarding specific files and information.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application by Friday, August 7th, 2020 at 11:55pm. Your cover letter and a current resume may be submitted in one document (Word or PDF) in confidence to Huron by:
Mail: 1349 Western Road Fax: 519-438-5226
London, ON, N6G 1H3 E-mail: email@example.com
Huron values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment and educational environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Applications from all qualified individuals are invited; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given hiring priority. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact Huron by phone at 519-438-7224 or at the email address above.
- Post-secondary diploma / degree in Accounting / Bookkeeping;
- Five (5) years related work experience in a computerized accounting environment, preferably in a post-secondary or educational setting;
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, laws and legislation as they apply to non-profits, for profits and registered charities;
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite products;
- Additional experience with Blackbaud and PeopleSoft would be considered an asset;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to represent Huron in a professional manner;
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- A strong attention to detail and accuracy related to data entry;
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities;
- An open, inviting and approachable personality that allows the opportunity to build meaningful, trusting relationships;
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, and cultural understanding.