ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently looking for a Data and Analytics Programmer to join our team. You will be working with passionate, highly intelligent game developing ninjas in a collaborative fast paced environment. Your primary responsibility will be supporting DE with your technical skills by the creation and maintenance of game code that supports insights, metrics and improved users experiences. You’ll also be called on to support and drive data related initiatives with key stakeholders throughout DE enabling iterative learning and growth. Expect this position to be challenging, fun and filled with opportunities for personal growth.
- Help the team drive initiatives in the game code
- Add and maintain in game metrics
- Coordinate and support in game testing
- Validate new game features tracking
- Build out ETL pipelines
- Research and drive new and creative solutions to data acquisition and organization challenges
- Experience in Python, C++, PHP, SQL, Lua and software development.
- Experience with working in large code bases
- Experience using Mongo and Postgres servers
- Experience with using Linux/Ubuntu
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS, other)
- 2-10 years of industry experience
- Strong Independent problem solver
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of ownership over their work and projects
- Able to be flexible to the different types of work and shifts in priorities
- A passion for video games and understanding of gaming culture
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/60