|Dec 28, 2023
Join the YMCA Camp Team!
Be the Spark! Join our professional and passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates two overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for 167 years!
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment by belonging to an international movement that makes positive differences in the lives of individuals and families.
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and career while supporting others to be successful.
We are one of.....
Position: Day Camp Inclusion Counsellor
Location: Multiple locations; Woodstock, St. Thomas, London, Komoka, Strathroy, Parkhill, Chatham, Petrolia, Windsor, Sarnia, Goderich, Central Huron, etc.
Start Date: June 1st, 2024 – August 30th, 2024
Salary: $17.25/ hour
As part of your total compensation:
• Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp program
• Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
• Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
In this role, you will:
• Providing direct support to children with special needs
• Managing behavioral incidents and implementing behavioral redirection strategies
• Communicating regularly with camper families
• Developing program inclusion strategies to create a successful camping experience for inclusion campers
• Act as resource to day camp staff team in terms of inclusive programming
• Complete a weekly camper report
• Full and active participation in all camp activities
• Participation in weekly staff meetings
• Weekend introductory phone calls to assigned camper
What you need to succeed:
• Minimum YMCA day camp staff requirements (see above) · Experience supporting children with special needs in a recreational setting · Experience working in day or residential camp · Positive, caring, enthusiastic, encouraging attitude
• Must provide a current criminal record check as per the Association’s policy.
• A dedication to demonstrate the YMCA core values.
• Follow the link to our online application
• For questions please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information