|Date Posted:||May 19, 2023|
|Job Title: Scheduler||Rate: Salaried Position|
|Job Opening ID: SCH-19-05-EX||Posting: External|
|Full Time/Part Time: Full Time||Regular/Temporary: Regular|
|Post Date: May 19, 2023||Close Date: June 2, 2023|
Middlesex-London Paramedic Service is accepting applications for the position of Scheduler. The successful applicant will be responsible to schedule shifts, including training and modified duty shifts for paramedic and logistics staff, maintain all related data files and prepare routine reports. The principal task is to assign appropriate staff to required schedule assignments/locations in accordance with relevant policies and in accordance with the relevant Collective Agreement. The incumbent will also coordinate requests for vacation, time off, shift changes, and sick time bookings in consultation with the Operations Superintendents. In addition, the incumbent will serve as part of the team providing support to payroll processes. This position may require both day and evening shifts as determined by the Deputy Chief of Operations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on June 2, 2023.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Post-secondary diploma in office administration, scheduling and/or a related discipline an asset.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated administrative scheduling and payroll experience related to the summary of duties listed above normally acquired through the combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience in an operations scheduling environment where time and attendance encoding was a principle function.
- Previous experience working in emergency services would be considered an asset with an emphasis on scheduling staff.
- Must possess excellent administrative and organizational skills including electronic database systems management, computer skills, and above-average knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Word and Excel).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Superior typing/keyboarding skills.
- Must be a self-motivated, self-directed worker that requires minimal supervision with the ability to multi-task duties and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge/familiarity with JBS Time Manager or other electronic scheduling software for the encoding of employee schedules and time.
- Experience pertaining to preparing, calculating, encoding, processing, reconciling and verifying all payroll related input such as attendance, vacation, and lieu time records accurately for submission to Payroll for processing.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check.
- In accordance with MLPS Policy, the position requires the incumbent to obtain a satisfactory driver’s abstract report current within 30 days.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to possess and maintain a valid and restriction-free driver’s Class “G” license.
- WHMIS certification.
- Certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid (preferred).
- Required to meet MLPS’s COVID-19 vaccination policy
Middlesex London Paramedic Service is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and MLPS’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require any accommodations to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to MLPS to support your request for accommodation. This information will be treated confidentially and only used for the purpose of providing an accessible recruitment experience.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for candidate selection purposes only.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those applicants to be interviewed will be acknowledged.