|Jan 22, 2024
Join our EarlyON Child and Family Centre Team!
Be the Spark! Join our passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed childcare in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates 2 overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for over 50 years!
Position: EarlyON Facilitator
Location: St Thomas – Elgin County (main site 10 South Edgeware Road, St Thomas, ON)
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: Starting wage $22.00 per hour (includes wage enhancements).
As part of your total compensation:
• Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA childcare and camp programs
• Access vacation entitlement, and up to 12 paid personal days annually
• Benefits package and Pension applicable with position/contract length
• Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed.
• Complimentary access to wellness and counseling services
• Contribute to real, meaningful impact in the lives of children and youth.
• Monday through Friday (additional various weekends and early evenings)
• 7.5-hour workday
• 37.5-hour work week
In this role, you will:
• Implement/design and deliver a play-based, inclusive learning environment (indoors/outdoors/community-based locations) for children and families for drop-in playgroups and programs.
• Provide support for all inquiries in person/phone/email/social media including program sign-in platform KEyON.
• Maintain accurate records, files, and forms as required by the Ministry of Education and the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario.
• Liaise with parents, school principal, and school staff, as well as community contacts in a professional manner at all times; engage in community events.
• All areas of the room must be child-ready during program hours – all activities are available to children during the program, and thoughtful invitations to play and learning centers are evident.
• Utilize age-appropriate child coaching, and mentoring techniques in all interactions with families.
• Strong knowledge of How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for Early Years.
• Follow the Public Health, Sanitization and disinfection procedures, Emergency and Fire Regulations/Requirements.
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds (children and/or activity equipment)
• Ensure own performance follows the policies and procedures of the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario, including Health and Safety, Child Protection and Risk Management.
Education and Skills Qualifications:
• An Early Childhood Educator Diploma preferred, or post-secondary and experience in a related field of study.
• Registered (or proof that registration is in process) and in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE)
• Graduates in a related field of study must be members of their associations as required.
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification or include the date of training scheduled within the next three months. Training costs and time are at the expense of the applicant and not reimbursed.
• Current Vulnerable Criminal Reference Check (less than 6 months old).
• Applicants are required to be a minimum of 18 years of age or older as per Ministry of Education guidelines.
• Legally entitled to work in Canada.
• Ontario Driver’s license and access to reliable vehicles for local travel.
Why The Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
• Submit your cover letter, resume, and supporting documents by Friday, January 26, 2023.
• Include in your submission your specialized experience, and why you are the best candidate for this role. Please include the name of the position and location in your application.
• We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information