Bilingual Administrative Assistant (HR) Spanish - English
Full-time permanent position Talbotville, Ontario (Rural location)
: Human Resources Generalist
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America's premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. To help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people that will support our workforce and facilities. We are seeking a Bilingual Administrative Assistant to join our Human Resources team. The successful candidate will work closely with the HR Team to support the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, which involves assisting with arrivals, departures, onboarding, translation and interpretation services, training, housing inspections, and after-hour emergencies.
- Assist with Temporary Foreign Worker arrivals and departures.
- Provide onboarding and orientation for new arrivals.
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations.
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms, and other documents.
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems.
- Answer telephone and electronic inquiries and relay telephone calls and messages.
- Provide accurate interpretation and translation of external and internal content from English to Spanish or vice-versa.
- Assist with training for new arrivals.
- Attend appointments with Temporary Foreign Workers and provide translation services.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean and legally compliant workplace.
- Inspect off-site housing units to monitor for compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Order materials and supplies to maintain inventory levels. • Assist with greenhouse staff training.
- Assist with ensuring established expectations are communicated and followed.
- Assist with booking transportation arrangements and appointments for workers.
- Process employee mail.
- Make photocopies, fax documents and perform other clerical functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Location/Working Conditions
- Completion of post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual, ability to speak and write in Spanish and English.
- Available to work overtime and after hours as needed, often with short notice.
- Experience in the greenhouse industry an asset.
- Previous experience in a culturally diverse work environment is beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a strong ability to build trusting relationships and work with integrity.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, both one-on-one and groups.
- Fluency in Windows / MS Office is mandatory.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- A high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Greenhouse environment in a rural area, own transportation required.
- Must be willing and able to travel locally (25% - 50% of the time as needed).
- Overtime as required.
How to apply
- $17 - $19 per hour, 35 - 55 hours per week, shifts may vary between day and evening.
- This role is classified as an agriculture employee/farm employee. See the following link for more details about this classification from ESA. http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/factsheets/fs_agri.php
Submit your resume:
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at (519) 637-2119.
- Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, ON N5P 3T2
- Email: email@example.com | Subject title: Bilingual Administrative Assistant - Spanish/English
- Fax: (519) 637-2449
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those meeting the requirements will be considered.