||Oct 13, 2021
Considered Canada's most beautiful University, Western's main campus spans 400 acres of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern LEED-certified capital structures providing an idyllic environment for our community of scholars. The university is located in London, Canada, a safe, vibrant and welcoming community of more than 350,000 people serving as a regional medical and industrial hub for southwestern Ontario.
The Motor Mechanic will perform skilled mechanical/electrical work associated with the maintenance, construction, repair, alteration and inspection of HVAC systems, other mechanical/electrical systems, and related processes.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of one of the following Ontario College of Trades Programs:
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright Program (433A) or Provincial/Territorial equivalent
- Electric Motor System Technician Program (446A) or Provincial/Territorial equivalent
- Industrial Electrician Program (442A) or Provincial/Territorial equivalent
- Certification and Registration in one of the following trades:
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright (433A) as recognized by the Ontario College of Trades (or Provincial/Territorial equivalent with Red Seal Endorsement (RSE))
- Electric Motor System Technician (446A) as recognized by the Ontario College of Trades (or Provincial/Territorial equivalent with Red Seal Endorsement (RSE))
- Industrial Electrician (442A) as recognized by the Ontario College of Trades (or Provincial/Territorial equivalent with Red Seal Endorsement (RSE))
- Complete and maintain the Industrial Maintenance Technician (IMT) Oil Certificate as recognized by the Technical Standards and Safety Act (TSSA) as developed for Western University
- Maintain a valid Ontario Drivers’ License
- Maintain a current First Aid Certificate including CPR where required
- 5 years' experience working in the mechanical/electrical maintenance field with a focus on industrial equipment, electric motor and pump repair in a large commercial, industrial or institutional setting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to investigate, identify, analyze and document information in written or electronic form and resolve problems
- Ability to meet physical demands of the role, including to lift and transport materials, bend, excavate, climb and reach repetitively
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as autonomously with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in confined spaces or in areas containing designated substances found within OH&S Act as required
- Ability to perform tasks in emergency situations
- Ability to interpret and work from electronic/written operation instruction sheets as well as mechanical electrical and geographical drawings/maps and produce quick-sketch working diagrams
- Comprehensive electronic, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to listen fully and respond courteously to instructions, questions and comments
- Ability to establish a rapport with customers, leaders and peers
- Dependable and co-operative disposition
- Ability to interact with others in positive ways which develop mutual understanding, respect and productive relationships
- Ability to organize and order work materials, tools, and support staff in the shop and on the job site
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #23810 by midnight on September 8, 2021.
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first consideration to qualified CUPE 2361 applicants.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.