||Jan 12, 2023
Manager, HR Client Services (ERS 40779)
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Salary Range: $87,433 to $109,292
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: Reporting to the Executive Director, Employment Services, the Manager, Client Services, is a flexible, hands-on HR practitioner who is comfortable pivoting between a leadership role and a tactical hands-on role. Accountable for providing effective operational oversight in the delivery of effective and efficient HR programs and services. This includes leading a team of HR professionals to partner with business and leaders to support business requirements and objectives. Responsibility for overseeing full cycle recruitment, employment services process improvements, and providing input to policies and procedures and performance management for the employment services team.
Collaborates with the labour and employee relations consultants on client issues, job descriptions and grievance processes. Utilizes progressive and proactive human resources and workforce strategies, policies and programs, providing professional HR guidance and direction to administrators, managers, supervisors and employees. Maintains and analyzes information and develops metrics to establish and maintain effective employment services. Responsible for maintaining currency on HR related legislation and presenting recommendations to Senior Leaders in the HR department to maintain legislative compliance. Provides assistance to all of Employment Services as required, including HR Administration, Benefits and Compensation, and Payroll, to maintain quality service. May assist with HR related projects as assigned in all areas of Human Resources as required.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 4-year degree in in such disciplines as Human Resources Management/Organizational Development/Labour Relations/Business with Human Resources major
- Minimum 7 years’ previous formal experience supervising in an HR environment
- CHRL designation or equivalent is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Recruitment, job evaluation, labour/employee relations and benefits experience
- Experience in a unionized, multi-employment group setting
- Experience working with collective agreements and applicable HR legislation
- Specialist knowledge in generalist Human Resources functions, especially recruitment combined with excellent knowledge of employee and labour relations functions
- Sound knowledge of and experience with HRIS systems along with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong client service, dispute resolution and negotiations skills
- High level of skill in interpreting relevant legislation
- Excellent research and analytical skills; strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Superior communication skills (both oral and written); collaborative
- Broad perspective that fosters the development of options and solutions in an organizational context of collective agreements
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, planning and organizational skills