This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Aug 10, 2022
||College Diploma (3 years)
Senior Accountant (FIN 40555)
Finance and Administration
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Pay Details: $38.76 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
Note: This is a full-time temporary position until March 31, 2024 (35 hours per week).
Duties: Reporting to the Manager, Financial Services, the incumbent is responsible for the overall accounting and financial operations of the College including maintaining the integrity of the general ledger system, the preparation of the College’s consolidated financial statements, the College’s foundation financial statements and the College’s Financial Information System (CFIS) provincial consolidation financial statement submission to the ministry.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3- year diploma/degree plus professional certification or equivalent in Finance and accounting, CA, CGA, CMA
- Equivalent education may be considered
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the preparation of consolidated financial statements for a multi faceted organization gained as a team player in a service-oriented office environment using computerized financial systems and software packages such as Excel spreadsheets, database management applications and word processing in an educational environment
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills