||Dec 22, 2020
Part-time Professor – Agricultural Equipment Technician Program (MPW 201900430)
School of Transportation Technology and Apprenticeship
Faculty of Science, Trades and Technology
Employment Group: Faculty
Hours of Work per Week: Up to 6 hours per week.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Note: This is a part-time Faculty position (up to 6 hours per week) starting January 4, 2021.
The School of Transportation Technology and Apprenticeship is seeking a Part-time Professor to teach courses in the Agricultural Equipment Technician Program.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to apply:
- Certificate of Qualification - Agricultural Equipment Technician or Farm Equipment Mechanic 425A
- Minimum 7 years current (within 5 years) industry experience
- Extensive experience in diagnostics, hydraulic, electrical/electronic and drive train systems
- Must have significant experience working with/training on agricultural and John Deere equipment
- Experience in teaching/training in work or educational environment, including curriculum development experience, would be an asset
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME VIA EMAIL (quoting Competition No. MPW 201900430) TO:
Associate Dean, School of Transportation Technology and Apprenticeship
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.