|Dec 28, 2023
Join the YMCA Camp Team!
Be the Spark! Join our professional and passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates two overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for 167 years!
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment by belonging to an international movement that makes positive differences in the lives of individuals and families.
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and career while supporting others to be successful.
We are one of.....
Position: Day Camp Leadership Positions
Location: Multiple locations; Woodstock, St. Thomas, London, Komoka, Strathroy, Parkhill, Chatham, Petrolia, Windsor, Sarnia, Goderich, Central Huron, etc.
Start Date: May 20th, 2024 – August 30th, 2024
Salary: $17.50-18.75/ hour
As part of your total compensation:
• Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp program
• Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
• Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
In this role, you will:
• Oversee coordination of camp logistics
• Maintain healthy working relationship with partners and third-party service providers
• Act as positive role model in attitude, health and wellness for campers, volunteers, and staff
• Active risk management practices as per current policies
• Positive communication, problem solving, and addressing concerns in a timely manner with camper families
• Managing and monitoring weekly staffing needs in partnership with the Leadership Team
What you need to succeed:
• Experience working with children in a Day Camp Setting
• Experience in a leadership position
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR
• Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening as per cure
• A dedication to demonstrate the YMCA core values.
• Follow the link to our online application
• For questions please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information