Join this small, local boutique manufacturing company and enjoy the benefits of a close group of dedicated individuals.
What they offer:
- A comprehensive benefits plan for you and your family
- Shift premiums
- Growth opportunities and education reimbursement
- Generous employee discount program
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the President & Owner, the Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the safety, quality, productivity, cost, and team member development within their respective department. This will be accomplished by implementing improvements based on the department’s key performance indicators (KPIs). Results are achieved by ensuring cohesive team workmanship, being actively involved in the department floor leadership, and using process controls.
- Overall management of production, from supplies through the production process, work in progress, and finished product storage and shipping
- Managing the production team, including Supervisors, their operations, and their combined teams as a whole
- Using forecasted, actual sales and order volumes to plan production volumes of a variety of canoes kayaks. Furthermore, reporting those planned and scheduled volumes to the leadership team
- Participate in cost management targets, and the development of the annual budget
- Own, manage, and oversee quality management systems, including leading policy development.
- Make use of tools to address root cause quality issues and assign temporary and long-term corrective actions
- Troubleshooting equipment issues and in general keeping the operation running smoothly
- Working with the rest of the management team in designing and implementing new systems, programs, and processes as they are developed and rolled out
- Daily interactions and communication with all departments, responsible for identifying appropriate timing and individuals for promotions/demotions/dismissal
- Conduct monthly layered audits and ensure daily/weekly audits are completed by leadership
- Maintaining and, whenever possible, improving the efficiency of the production process and the team that works in that area
- Participating in future planning of the company and facility, primarily focused on equipment needs, volume growth, and improving efficiency
- Develop preventative maintenance plans and document processes for each area in production
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years previous experience managing a team of 20+ in a manufacturing environment
- Experience growing a production facility and managing the change associated with growth
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong ability to source and analyze data to drive business strategies and decisions
- Leader with a customer-focused approach
- Understanding of Health & Safety being number one priority and Quality being number two priority
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation with us to discuss this and other roles with our clients, please reach out to Jay McKillop at 519-672-7710
Please apply here: https://pmg.on.ca/careers