Together we’re going places! Voyago is currently recruiting for a Vice-President, Finance in Southern Ontario. The incumbent could be located in our corporate office in London but consideration will be considered for other locations between London and the GTA area.
Voyago is Ontario’s Leading Mobility company, a subsidiary of Transdev. We’re hiring dynamic, high achievers looking to be Difference Makers within the industry. Voyago continues to advance across Ontario with our multi-model diverse platform covering all mobility segments, including Medical Transportation, Student Transportation, and Public sectors with Mass Transit, Para Transit, and On Demand Personal Mobility.
Our employee success is built on our commitment and emphasis on training and orientation process. Voyago prides itself on the growth of our employees by supporting and encouraging them to develop skills that lead to successful careers.
Voyago believes in the strength of our people and remains committed to our Golden Values statement created to reflect our promise of performance to our employees, customers, and communities in which we operate.
Our teams are continuously recognized as top performers in client programs and Safety awards. Voyago is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers and a recipient of the Excellence Award. If you’re a self-starter looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your achievements come join us, apply today.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Finance will oversee all finance, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, expense management, and other core financial elements for all divisions of the company. As the primary contact for financial matters, this role will ensure that the necessary financial infrastructure and reporting is provided. This position develops and implements effective internal controls and accounting policies and procedures. This role will work hand-in-hand with the Executive Team in meeting the overall financial and strategic objectives of the business.
Who Is Your Boss?
You report to a leader who appreciates your ability to lead with emotional intelligence and intuition. They expect you to ask questions, try, take risks and make mistakes. Knowing that numbers do not get past you, inspire their confidence; and, the assurance that you will never put in a process that is detrimental to the team secures their trust!
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the production and integrity of internal and external monthly reports including financial statements and monthly rolling forecast projections for use by the Executive management team.
- Directs the reporting and analysis of financial and operational data
- Develops, implements, and maintains procedures to improve efficiency of financial functions and accuracy of financial reporting
- Develops and manages the financial planning strategies and follow up controls and comparisons relating to budget and long-term plans
- Manages the design, development, selection and maintenance of financial planning systems
- Serve on planning, policy-making and project committees
to include cost analysis, ROI, capital budgeting, profitability analysis, and pricing models.
- Directs the financial aspects of proposing on new business and assists in the development and negotiation of contracts .
- Maintain strong relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure business value is maximized
- Ensure compliance with year-end audit, corporate, local, provincial, and federal reporting requirements
- Establish and oversee implementation of short- and long-range Finance goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives
- Manages special projects/project teams as assigned by the President
- CPA or Masters of Business Administration strongly preferred
- Seven to ten years of experience in senior-level finance or accounting position
- Proficient with MS tools
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (IFRS)
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and provincial financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including travel
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Competitive Benefit Offering
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture
- Award Winning
- Growth oriented company
- Subsidiary of Global Transportation Provider (Transdev)
Sounds interesting? Please send your resume and salary expectations directly to Sandra Grant, VP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Voyago is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted.