Full-Time (35 hours / week)
London office | Travel within Elgin and Middlesex counties is required
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.| Required to work outside business hours on occasion.
The Special Events Coordinator leads, executes, and evaluates special events that raise funds to support United Way’s mission and work in the community. This member of our team will ensure financial and participation targets are achieved and implement initiatives to increase donor retention and engage new supporters.
Based on the salary band for this role, external candidates can expect to be offered a starting salary in the range of $49,000 - $53,000 ($26.92 - $29.12 / hour). When determining the wage, we consider the market, candidate experience, as well as internal equity. Additionally, United Way also offers:
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Three weeks paid vacation time to start
- Flexible working arrangements to encourage work-life balance
- Paid winter shut-down between Christmas and New Years
- Paid sick/personal days
- Summer office hours
- Employee Assistance Program
- Minimum two years of event planning experience
- Post-secondary credentials in a related field (event planning, marketing, public or community relations), or equivalent on-the-job qualifications
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the fundraising and the non-profit sector is an asset
- Experience with managing budgets
- Working knowledge of project management software
- Experience negotiating with vendors
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with volunteers, vendors etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and database management
- Technologically agile; adept social media user
- Requires possession of a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle with a minimum of $1 million insurance coverage
- Execute fundraising opportunities that will increase revenue and raise awareness of United Way’s work
- Conduct post-event event analysis to determine if event met financial and mission-related goals
- Manage all logistics for events including, contract negotiations, guest lists, ticketing, catering, entertainment. equipment, decor, sponsor, and marketing collateral
- Manage budgets, vendor contracts critical paths, and event collateral
- Ensure that departments have required details and training to meet their respective responsibilities
- Present reports to the Director, Campaign Cabinet and Team Member
- Ensure that volunteers are trained to be able to support an event’s success
- Adhere to Oath of Confidentiality and Code of Conduct
- Willingness to contribute to the organization’s Reconciliation and Equity plan by actively participating in learning opportunities and implementing anti-oppressive, and anti-racist learnings into action internally and externally
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the safe and effective operations of the organization
Friday, February 23, 4:30 p.m.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Lisa Simmons, Executive Assistant and Human Resources Officer
United Way will consider non-traditional work experience such as volunteering when examining the skills and knowledge needed for this position.
United Way is committed to diversity and encourages applications from people who are Indigenous, racialized, 2SLGBTQ+, women, persons with disabilities, and other overlooked and underestimated groups.
As an equal opportunity employer, United Way is committed to accessibility and to protecting the human rights of its employees. In support of this aim, United Way Elgin Middlesex has an accommodation process in place to provide. accommodations to employees with disabilities or when otherwise required under human rights laws.
We appreciate the interest from all applicants, only those individuals being considered will be contacted.