As an employer of choice, Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we are committed to making someone’s day better, through our collaboration, innovation and communications.
This role supports the Vice President Neighbourhood Developments and the Project Managers in the co-ordination and completion of land development and construction projects.
Date Posted: January 29, 2021
Please apply online - https://careers.sifton.com/job_details.php?jobcode=7563
• Support the Project Manager leading the land development and construction related activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with design plans, budgets and schedules. Projects relate to neighbourhood development; providing sites that are sold to builders for housing, condominium, or commercial development.
• Support tendering activity including preparation of requests for tender and evaluation of responses; working with the Project Managers and the VP for selection and award.
• Understand blueprints and municipal and other legislative standards as it relates to infrastructure construction and installation such as curbs, roads, sewer, street lights, fence, grading, and plantings. Support creation or modification of drawings to include in permit applications using CAD software.
• Visit in-progress neighbourhoods / site locations, providing service to and resolving issues with builders and service providers; ensuring that the level of service and neighbourhood maintenance meets the high Sifton quality.
• Coordinate with subcontractors to process and review deliverables to ensure they align with awarded contracts and review invoices to ensure they accurately reflect work completed and process them or resolve issues accordingly.
• Support site inspections for conditional acceptance with city development services and anticipate potential roadblocks and develops solutions to prevent issue from arising.
• Track project build out to schedule assumptions and site completion. Work with Real Estate team to track builders on site, home starts, and finishes. Monitors buildout to ensure that builders are building as per special provisions.
• Provides performance status reports for cost forecast, and schedule as required. Manages change orders, including processing, and assessing cost and schedule impact, providing reports to the Project Manager or Vice President as requested.
• Work with team members, consultants and municipalities for security reduction towards the end of project closeout.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, and/or Civil Engineering Technology at an accredited Community College or University.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience related to Civil Engineering and construction projects.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with external contractors and service providers to support project progress towards defined milestones.
• Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to create or modify drawings using CAD software
• Strong knowledge of MS Office suite.
• Knowledge of project planning practices and software would be an asset.
• Ability to work in safety sensitive construction zones, around large machinery and heavy equipment as required
• Self-directed, flexible, strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast past-paced environment.
• This position is approximately 80% office and 20% on site. Reliable transportation and a valid Ontario driver’s license in good standing is required to work at multiple project locations throughout southwestern Ontario with the majority within London and surrounding area.
What we can offer you:
Collaboration: You are set up for success with training/mentoring in your new team
Engagement: You will work in partnership with our Supervisors/Managers to build strong tenant/resident/customer experience skills.
Programs: Unique rewards and recognition program throughout the company.
Connections: Experience our company events and team engagement programs.
Celebrations: Milestones are important to us as part of our team with special events.
Unique for you: Employee Assistance Program to support your confidentially in all that matters to you.
Other perks include: discounted uniforms/other work wear items/discounted clothing for special events and discounted product offerings throughout our network.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.