||Jul 27, 2020
Together we’re going places! Voyago is currently recruiting for Transit Operations Manager in London, Ontario.
Voyago is Ontario’s Leading Mobility company. We’re hiring dynamic, high achievers looking to make a difference in the transportation industry. Voyago continues to advance across Ontario with our multi-model diverse platform covering all mobility segments, including Medical Transportation, Student Transportation, and Public sectors with Mass Transit, Para Transit, and On Demand Personal Mobility.
Our employee success is built on our commitment and emphasis on training and orientation process. Voyago prides itself on the growth of our employees by supporting and encouraging them to develop skills that lead to successful careers.
Voyago believes in the strength of our people and remains committed to our Golden Values statement created to reflect our promise of performance to our employees, customers, and communities.
Voyago’s teams are continuously recognized as top performers in client programs and Safety awards. If you’re a high achiever looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your achievements come join us, apply today.
Reporting to the General Manager of Transit Ontario, the Operations Manager is responsible for all daily operations held within their respective regions. The Operations Manager is to provide leadership and direction to the operations teams in each location while maintaining an open and direct dialogue with employees. The Operations Manager is to provide internal oversight in the areas of supervision, dispatch, training, and administration.
- People Management
- Plan, organize and manage the work of staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements
- Follow up on all matters related to employee operations
- Ensure proper levels of employees
- Plan and co ordinate specific aspects of employee engagement
- Coaching and mentoring of operational staff
- Assist with recruitment and hiring of new employees
- Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures
- Directs and coordinates, through staff, activities of operations department in order to obtain use of equipment, facilities, and human resources
- Customer Service
- Act as an ambassador to key operational contracts
- Oversees daily operation’s communication
- Key customer contact
- Monitor spending to ensure expenses are consistent with approved budgets
- Payroll administration
Why work for us?
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in a supervisory/management role in operations environment
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office
- G Class Licence (be willing to upgrade to F class licence)
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and Leadership Training is an asset!
- Ideally the candidate will reside in London, Ontario
- Ability and willingness to travel within the province
Sounds interesting? Please send your resume to Anna Micka, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture
Voyago is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted.