This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 11, 2022
||College Diploma (2 years)
London Training Centre has a fulltime position for an Employment Counsellor.
This position is responsible for case management of individual clients of the organization. Meeting one to one or conducting group sessions, this position provides support services and counselling that assists clients with the development of service plans and their integration into the labour market, schooling and or training.
Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
The ideal candidate will have strong qualifications, a post-secondary degree related to human services or social work, experience in the employment sector, experience working with a diverse set of clients with multiple barriers including unemployment, poverty, mental health, addictions and various disabilities, have superior knowledge of all aspects of the job search process including how to compose resumes, cover letters and how to expertly support the client through various life transitions to successfully reach their goals, and, together with their colleagues, develop and maintain innovative programming that achieves the highest standards in employment practices and adult education.
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume by June 10, 2022 to:
Grant Whatford, Employment Services Manager
London Training Centre
317 Adelaide St. S. Unit 110 London ON N5Z 3L3
All expressions of interest will be kept in confidence
- Provide intake, assessment, employment counselling and case management services for clients.
- Develop outcome based service plans with the clients.
- Remaining current on London (region) employment resources, labour market trends and the most effective job search strategies including effective cover letter and resume designs, techniques and monitoring marketplace trends.
- Maintain a current and comprehensive understanding of the delivery and administration of all Employment Ontario, Ontario Works and ODSP programs and services.
- Strong administrative ability - maintaining and updating client information in a timely and effective manner in various databases.
- Ability to utilize data management software for client data entry. Familiarity with Webtracker and CaMS would be an asset.
- Completing reports and documentation on activities as required.
- When required as part of the broader employment services team facilitate group employment sessions, attend job fairs, conduct community outreach, and/or any other duties that support the effective delivery of services.