Together we’re going places! Voyago is currently recruiting for Financial Analyst in London, Ontario.
Voyago is Ontario’s Leading Mobility company, a subsidiary of Transdev. We’re hiring dynamic, high achievers looking to be Difference Makers within the industry. Voyago continues to advance across Ontario with our multi-model diverse platform covering all mobility segments, including Medical Transportation, Student Transportation, and Public sectors with Mass Transit, Para Transit, and On Demand Personal Mobility.
Our employee success is built on our commitment and emphasis on training and orientation process. Voyago prides itself on the growth of our employees by supporting and encouraging them to develop skills that lead to successful careers.
Voyago believes in the strength of our people and remains committed to our Golden Values statement created to reflect our promise of performance to our employees, customers, and communities in which we operate.
Our teams are continuously recognized as top performers in client programs and Safety awards. Voyago is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers and a recipient of the Excellence Award. If you’re a self-starter looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your achievements come join us, apply today.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and management of the Fixed Assets, Financing, Fuel, Maintenance and Accruals schedules as well as update of the Financial Statements and Divisional Reporting. Duties also include assisting Director of Finance with the development of new reporting and analysis tools, templates and implementation of the new Financial Reporting applications.
1. Asset Management
- Reconcile Construction in Process (CIP) account on a monthly basis
- Collect supporting documentation for capitalization and disposal of the Fixed Assets
- Communicate with the Garage Manager and/or Accounting Manager/Director of Finance regarding the capitalization of vehicles and/or other fixed assets
- Enter/Dispose of units through Fixed Assets management application (WorthIT)
- Enter additions/disposals/depreciation into Sage
- Reconcile Fixed Assets in WorthIT and Sage monthly
- Scan supporting documentation to be saved on the server
- Update list of assets for insurance purposes
- Identify potential efficiencies and work on continuous improvement of the Asset Management workflow
2. Financial Statements and Divisional Reporting
- Update Financial Statements during month end process
- Provide copies for review by the Director of Finance and VP, Finance
- Perform and enter in Sage Overhead Allocation calculations (Logistics Center, Admin, Facility, Garage, etc.)
- Update/reconcile assigned Balance Sheet accounts
- Collect data and create monthly Divisional Reports
- Assist in preparation of the semi-annual Environmental Scan
3. Change management, systems improvements and operations optimization
- Assist Director of Finance in development and improvement of reporting and analysis templates
- Under the direction of Director of Finance, work in collaboration with various stakeholders on identification of cost saving opportunities, mapping of work and information flows, streamlining and de-bottlenecking of information and work flows
- Assist Director of Finance and VP, Finance in development/improvement/update of Internal Controls, Delegation of Authority matrix, various policies and procedures
- Support implementations and improvements of ERP and FP&A software applications
- Assist Director of Finance and VP, Finance with due diligence work in relation to the potential M&A targets
- Organize, distribute and maintain fuel cards
- Support Fleet Management team with regards to the MIR application; ensure correctness and integrity of data entered in MIR
- Prepare and analyze fleet Maintenance Reports out of MIR application; identify potential cost saving opportunities
- Prepare monthly Fuel Surcharges calculation and coordinate the invoicing with the AR team
- Ensure correctness of the Payroll entries; coordinate with Payroll the month end Payroll accrual calculation
- Maintain the Prepaid Insurance amortization schedule; create monthly insurance amortization entry
- Once financing is received, update Financing spreadsheet and provide copy to the Accounting Manager for Banking reconciliation
- Update and complete monthly Financing payment and Interest entries
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- College Diploma or Equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in MS Office. Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with the ERP and Accounting systems
- Recognized Accounting Designation or equivalent experience
Why work for us?
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture
- Competitive salary
Sounds interesting? Please send your resume to Anna Micka, Director of Recruitment and Employee Experience at email@example.com
Voyago is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted.