||Oct 17, 2020
||High School Diploma
Drake International is seeking a Material / Logistic Team Leader to join our clients site. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to step into a leadership role.
Day to day activities include:
* Plan warehouse layout and space requirements to prevent l oss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
* Consider full implications of freight turnover, size, weight, and other factors when allocating warehouse space.
* Plan and schedule In and Out shipments on a weekly basis. This task will require close communication with internal Customer Service, external suppliers and carriers.
* Oversee processes to ensure flow of materials meets delivery and production goals while ensuring all materials are received and shipped in a timely manner.
* Ensure Shipper/Warehouse clerk has appropriate direction and training to support the efficient and safe function of the warehouse to meet company KPI's.
* Develop and/or enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment.
* Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
* Assess the need for, and arrange the purchase of, moving equipment like trailers, forklifts, crash pads, dollies, and so on.
* Review existing facilities, equipment, policies, and procedures for potential productivity improvements.
* Weekly participation at the production planning meeting ensure Service levels can be met
* Manage returns
Inventory Control Responsibilities:
* Perform weekly, monthly and yearly cycle counts or when required by Finance
* Inventory and audit all existing materials regularly, accounting for transit and shortfalls
* Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product
* Identify discrepancies between inventory records and take action
* Support the traceability program to comply with BRC requirements
* Best Before Date (BBD) control ma nagement and reporting
* Use ERP (AX Dynamics) for daily operational and control processes
* Act as owner of ERP inventory data by working with Finance and Production teams to verify and update information
Hourly rate: $20.50/hr to start + benefits + RRSP
Salary: Up to CA$20.5 per hour
Application Contact Information