Under the supervision of the Principal(s)-in-Charge, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for SBM’s accounting processes, analyzing financial reports and ensuring compliance with applicable requirements in partnership with SBM’s accountant(s).
- Responsible for SBM’s accounting processes and meeting all financial reporting and tax compliance deadlines
- Manage daily accounting operations and ensure accurate entries in a timely manner
- Develop and manage internal accounting policies
- Assist with forecasting, budgeting, internal financial reporting to principals, general ledger preparation and reconciliations, year-end preparation and communication with external accountants
- Provided division managers with requested reports to manage divisional finances
- In coordination with the bookkeeper, manage SBM’s accounts payable processes
- Ensure compliance with CRA and all other applicable legislation
- Preparing and providing financial documents and data as requested
- Other administrative tasks and support as required.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or relevant education and experience
- CPA designation considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years experience in an accountant or similar financial role
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and Teams) and excellent computer literacy required.
- Hands-on experience with accounting databases and software
- Previous experience with implementation of an ERP is a definite asset
- Experience with financial reporting, income tax, HST and payroll tax compliance
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, basic accounting procedures and GAAP
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail and proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong integrity, professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive information.
- Exceptional initiative and ability to work with little supervision.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills and ability to adapt
- Self-motivated team player who is adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- Friendly and welcoming nature.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the engineering/building field considered a strong asset.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Access to reliable transportation for travel within London and surrounding area and Valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and annual performance bonus. SBM offers a positive working environment and a good relationship with our employees which translates directly to better customer service and a superior finished product for our clients. The successful candidate will typically work 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-2:30pm on Fridays.
What We Offer:
- Health Benefits Plan
- RRSP Matching (4%) Program
- Paid Overtime
- Performance Bonuses
- Banked Time Options
- Regular Social and Team Buildings Events
- Opportunity to build great relationships
- Career Growth and Development
- Professional Dues and Training Coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
All qualified applicants should apply through our online application system found at this link:https://sbmltd.applytojob.com/apply/TwlmN16jMC/Accounting-Manager?source=Knight+Hunter
References are to be made available upon our request.
SBM is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in accordance with relevant governing laws. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: August 9, 2022
Posting Close Date: August 28, 2022