||Feb 18, 2021
Mission: The London Community Woodshop is a Social Enterprise of Pathways Skill Development & Placement Centre. The Community Woodshop Assistant will ensure the success of the London Community Woodshop by: Engaging community members, creating a welcoming environment, facilitating groups and workshops, and maintaining site and machinery
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Monitor and maintain safe usage and upkeep of tools and machinery
- Provide orientation and information sessions to new and potential participants
- Ensure proper usage of the machines among Woodshop members
- Develop and facilitate workshops and classes to a wide variety of groups and clubs
- Develop a supportive culture of learning with a passion for woodworking
- Administer membership policies and practices to ensure an open and fair environment
- Complete custom orders
- 3-5 years’ experience operating woodworking equipment
- Extensive knowledge of woodworking safety practices
- Available for various shifts, including weekends
- Passion and ability to engage community
- Experience working as a part of a volunteer team
- High level of organization and initiative
- Valid Drivers License and access to vehicle is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Pathways Skill Development and the London Community Woodshop are equal opportunity employers and invite all qualified candidates to apply.
The London Community Woodshop does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (519) 667-7795.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Apply via email to email@example.com with cover letter and resume attached. No phone calls please. Note Woodshop Assistant in the subject line. Please include salary requirements. Posting will close no later than March 5, 2021.