This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 21, 2022
Purpose of Position
We are looking for a College/University student, interested in a challenge! Accountable for assisting in all aspects of Accounts Receivable, commencing with precise customer account setups, awarding adequate credit limits, maintaining a neat accounts receivable sub ledger, coordinating timely collection on accounts, mitigating risk and ensuring accurate and timely cash application.
Background and Skill
- Processing new customer account setups, ensuring completeness of data and apt turnaround.
- Determining credit worthiness of new customers, gathering and processing client’s credit data while assessing risk.
- Reviewing billable orders and processing said orders to invoicing, distributing invoices accordingly.
- Depositing cheques to the bank and reviewing bank statements for accurate cash application.
- Revoking client credit limits where applicable, reviewing overdue amounts and applying credit holds where necessary.
- Distributing monthly client statements.
- Monitoring AR subledger, coordinating with customers for timely collections on open receivables.
- Addressing client inquiries, coordinating internally with the order entry team, ensuring all necessary corrections are processed with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Performing account reconciliations, where necessary, ensuring that client records coincide with internal records and vice versa.
- Driving Process Improvements and participating in Daily/Visual Management.
- Managing Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) by Customer and driving DSO improvements year over year.
- Actively collaborating with Customer Service/Sales and/or Operations, if needed, to drive execution of collections.
- Supporting the accounting team with variance reporting, developing Excel spreadsheets and other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Assisting the broader Transactional team and Financial Reporting team as required.
- Currently pursuing a Diploma or Degree in Accounting, Business or related field.
- Above average computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team work ethic and the ability to effectively work with different personality traits.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ensuring the precision and integrity of data.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, working both independently and in a team setting.
The above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job.
*If interested, please apply through our website: https://www.trojantechnologies.com/en/about/careers
Trojan Technologies provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org