This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||FS 9-23-24- Ext
||Nov 20, 2023
Grand Erie District School Board
Invites applications for
Full-time Journeyman Electrician
The Grand Erie District School Board is guided by our vision to Learn, Lead and Inspire and our shared mission to build a culture of learning, well-being and belonging to inspire each learner. Grand Erie’s 2800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board is currently seeking a Journeyman Electrician to join our team.
The Journeyman Electrician must be able to perform the following tasks
- Must be able to work form electrical blueprints and estimate materials including the layout of new equipment
- Must be able to perform normal maintenance on large institutional building’s electrical systems, related equipment, and new installations as required.
- Perform all other duties as established in Regulation 1051 for a certified trade under the Ontario Training and Adjustment Board.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- overtime and use of a personal vehicle may be required
- may be required to be available for a call-back outside of regular working hours for emergency situations
- Certification as a Journeyman Electrician holding a current Construction and Maintenance Licence is required. Certification must be maintained by the applicant during the term of employment.
- Current Construction Maintenance 309A license.
- Must be able to provide own trade tools and possess a minimum of a Class G Drivers Licence. Class G Driver’s License must be maintained by the applicant during the term of employment
- Must have experience working with 600 volt 3 phase equipment and distribution systems.
- Experience with electronics, programmable logical controls, direct digital controls, and category five data communication systems would be an asset.
- Additional qualifications, abilities, and experience relative to the duties to be performed may be considered an asset.
All submissions are to include a complete cover letter, resume, qualifications, and the names of three (3) professional references at least one of which must be a current supervisor (one document if submitted electronically). All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All submissions are subject to a screening process and some applicants may not be granted an interview.
Grand Erie District School Board recognizes Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, as the longstanding peoples of this territory. We honour, recognize, and respect these communities as well as all First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples who reside within Grand Erie District School Board. We are all stewards of these lands and waters where we now gather, learn and play, and commit to working together in the spirit of Reconciliation.
|Hours of Work
||40 hours per week
|Rate of Pay
||$30.53 per hour
Competitive Pension and Benefits Plan
||FS 9-23-24- Ext
||As soon as can be mutually arranged
||Applicants may apply by clicking the button below by December 1 , 2023 at 4:00 pm.