This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 28, 2022
||College Diploma (2 years)
Thamesford Accounting & Financial Services Professional Corporation is seeking a Junior Accountant to join and assist our team by managing daily accounting tasks. We are looking for a motivated, honest and hardworking individual who can bring value to our team. We focus on building relationships, understanding and assisting clients with their individualized needs and making a difference in our client’s lives and their businesses. We are a small, growing firm that works as a team, supports each other and identifies individual efforts and recognizes a job well done. We are offering a small town friendly environment with a competitive salary with growth potential available to the right candidate.
The Junior Accountant performs bookkeeping, taxation and year-end tasks and will have proficiency using a computer and advanced knowledge of Excel and accounting software programs. Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality are crucial for this position.
Qualifications and Skills to Succeed
- Prepare Notice to Reader engagements & tax returns for a variety of clients & industries
- Ensure day to day operation of bookkeeping, accounting, and financial functions
- Prepare bank reconciliations and balance financial records
- Preparation/filing of GST/HST and payroll deductions
- Prepare personal and corporate tax returns
- Correspondence with clients, businesses, and government agencies
- Build positive working relationships with clients and effectively respond to requests
- Effectively communicate with team members regarding progress updates and issues
- Other duties as required
- You have at least 1 year of accounting experience (in a public accounting office an asset)
- College Diploma/University Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience. Pursuing CPA designation an asset
- T1 preparation experience and T2 preparation knowledge
- Experience constructing year-end financial statements
- Proficiency with computerized accounting and tax software
- Proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks required
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Work location is an onsite office setting in Thamesford, Ontario
- $40,000.00-$50,000.00 annually
- On site free parking
- Flexible paid vacation/time-off policy
- An extra paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- Business casual dress
- Supporting your professional development
How to Apply
Qualified applicants who are interested in this opportunity may apply by submitting their application consisting of a cover letter and resume via job bank website, email (email@example.com) or in person (136 Dundas Street, Thamesford, ON N0M 2M0).
- Monday to Friday - 8 hour shift
- Overtime may be required during tax season
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants need to make accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the Junior Accountant role at Thamesford Accounting & Financial Services Professional Corporation; however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.