This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 10, 2020
||College Diploma (2 years)
Are you a talented web developer who can translate goals and priorities into
functioning web solutions?
Do you want to make a difference to Canadian educators and their students?
If so, we invite you to submit your application to join Let’s Talk Science – Canada’s leading national, charitable organization that engages youth in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
and become the newest member of our team.
Intermediate Programmer Analyst / Software Developer
The Intermediate Programmer Analyst / Software Developer is responsible for the maintenance, expansion, implementation and reporting on assigned Let's Talk Science programs. This position works with program and functional teams to filter directional goals and priorities and translate those into functioning and maintainable software systems and applications. The Intermediate Programmer Analyst / Software Developer also plays a significant role in contributing ideas to, and implementing and assessing the progress of Let’s Talk Science’s information technology strategy as it relates to software systems and applications.
This is a 1-year renewable contract position eligible for benefits. Work location for this position is flexible; however, preference will be given to candidates in locations where Let’s Talk Science has offices – Calgary, AB, London, ON, St. John’s, NL.
A full position description can be downloaded from our website at: https://letstalkscience.ca/employment-opportunities
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) quoting “Programmer Analyst” as outlined below by 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, November 22, 2020, to:
Human Resource Generalist, Let’s Talk Science
1510 Woodcock Street, Unit 12 London ON N6H 5S1
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please submit all documents in one pdf file)
FAX: (519) 474-4085
Let’s Talk Science is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society and invite applications from all qualified individuals. Let’s Talk Science is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Generalist listed above to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation measures which will enable you to be assessed (or “to participate”) in a fair and equitable manner. While we appreciate all applications, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged.
- Formal university or college education in computer science, web development, a related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 2-3 years of web/software development experience
- Proficient SQL knowledge
- Broad and deep knowledge of web and information technology practices, products and processes are essential
- Experience researching and adapting platforms to specific program needs
- Demonstrated capacity to work in information technology service teams and be accountable for project timelines
- Experience with web and systems services
- Knowledge of Windows, Mac OS, and Linux administration
- Knowledge of web-server administration (IP4/6, Routes, Firewall)
- Experience with deployments, dev ops, and/or AWS
- Experience with container solutions and orchestration, Docker and Kubernetes strongly preferred
- Experience with scripting in languages, bash and/or PowerShell preferred