This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 12, 2023
Part-time Field Placement Technician (COM 41117)
School of Contemporary Media
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Support
Hours: Up to 24 hours a week. Work will be determined by the schedule of field placement projects planned over the course of the semester. These could be daytime, evening and/or weekend hours.
Pay Details: $18.88 per hour
Closing Date: September 26, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a part-time casual position (up to 24 hours per week) until December 15, 2023 with the possibility of extension into the next term.
Work Categorization: This position requires on-site presence and is not subject to hybrid work.
Duties: Reporting to the Associate Dean, School of Contemporary Media, the Part-time Field Placement Technician will provide support to faculty and students in the Field Placement course in Broadcasting – Television and Film Production program. The Technician ensures that equipment and students are booked and scheduled for multi-camera location productions, oversees the technical set-up of the equipment, and ensures all aspects of the production runs smoothly.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Book equipment and student crews
- Create and distribute all relevant paperwork (e.g., call sheet, site plan, crew roster)
- Deliver equipment to site – with students (on campus events) or without students (off campus events)
- Oversee technical set-up
- Guide troubleshooting
- Liaise with Athletics regarding streaming connectivity
- Liaise with other technicians and technologists to ensure prompt attention to equipment maintenance needs
- Liaise with faculty regarding Field Placement needs and expectations
- Return equipment to lock-up and media loans
- Oversee delivery of media to Fanshawe TV servers for reuse/rebroadcast
- Assess student participation and professionalism using rubric provided
- Other duties as assigned
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME (quoting Competition No. COM 41117) VIA EMAIL TO:
Associate Dean, School of Contemporary Media
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Minimum 2-year diploma in Broadcast Television Operations or related area of study
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a related field
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Experience with multi-camera broadcast systems required
- Experience with live streaming applications (Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a valid Class G Ontario Drivers License