The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,000 employees working together to educate approximately 21,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and the Centre for Lifelong Learning within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
We are currently accepting applications for:
Elementary Music Teachers - Uncertified
Successful candidates must be available to participate in our training program for non-certified teachers prior to commencement in an assignment. Successful candidates will require a Letter of Permission from the Ministry of Education. The Board will undertake the application process.
Please submit your application including a current resume of qualifications and experience, a Faith Reference Portfolio including pastoral reference (available at www.ldcsb.ca under Careers), and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Music Teacher – Uncertified- your name”. Applications will be received by Monday, November 30, 2020 at 4:00 pm
- Minimum undergraduate degree (preferably with a major or minor in music)
- Vocal and/or instrumental music qualifications required
- Additional related courses and training an asset
- Previous experience working with school age children preferably in an educational setting required
- Excellent communication, time management, judgement and decision-making skills
- A positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about working with children
- A strong and active Catholic faith life, a pastoral reference is required
- Creative, enthusiastic, patient, and responsible team player
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.