Summary of Duties
Reports to the Manager II, Financial Support. Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all administrative, payment processing and collection services within the Financial Operations Unit related to the operational support of the Ontario Works Program.
- Directs the financial operations and administrative functions of social assistance payment processing and the social assistance recovery and collections function.
- Maintains an efficient service-delivery system under appropriate legislation and regulations and municipal policies.
- Ensures effective financial controls are implemented and maintained as necessary.
- Is responsible for liaison with various Federal, Provincial and local authorities with regards to guidelines, subsidies, and other regulations as they relate to the Community Services programs.
- Responsible for the development of Purchase of Service agreements between the City of London and local organizations in line with the direction of the General Managers of Community Services.
- Conducts related research and recommends systems, procedures, and methodologies to maximize the use of resources.
- Participates in Project Management activities when required.
- Directs staff, assigns duties and works with the staff to obtain set out Corporate, Departmental & Divisional objectives and goals.
- Provides input regarding staff hiring, discipline, promotion and also carries out on-going performance appraisals for all staff within the Financial Operations Unit.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of and adheres to pertinent guidelines, regulations and legislation for the respective area.
- Provides financial analysis and support as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
University Degree in Public Administration, Social Services or Business.
Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
Specialized Training & Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
Five years related experience.
Demonstrated experience in software technology.
Compensation and Other Information
$76,888 to $104,260
This position is being filled on a temporary basis up to 1 year.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.