This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 20, 2020
Pathways Skill Development and Placement Centre assists individuals to overcome multiple challenges to meaningful employment by providing employability assessments, job search strategies, training and employment placement services.
Pathways is presently recruiting for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to take on the role of the Community Recreation Coordinator at the London Community Woodshop. [As this is a Canada Summer Jobs Initiative applicants must have been born between May 1, 1990 and May 1 2002]
Job Description: The Community Recreation Coordinator will work with our Woodshop Staff and Volunteers to develop and facilitate a variety of community seniors programs.
- Finalize seniors summer programming schedule alongside Woodshop Coordinator
- Develop and facilitate workshops and classes for a wide variety of community members
- Coordinate the Community Volunteers’ Summer Project
- Develop a supportive culture of learning and a passion for woodworking
- Provide orientation and information sessions to new and potential participants
- Monitor and maintain safe usage and upkeep of all tools and machinery
- Administer membership policies and practices to ensure an open and fair environment
Note: Due to Covid-19 measures, this position will require the ability to access the internet and use online platforms to create, facilitate and monitor community projects and programs.
Interested applicants should send Resume and Cover letter in Microsoft Word format or .pdf format with "London Woodshop" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Thursday, May 28th, 2020 at 4:00 PM. Pathways Skill Development is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Presently enrolled in post-secondary institution or experience in woodworking, Carpentry or Cabinetry Making
- Passion and ability to transfer knowledge and skills to people of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels
- Experience working from plans and drawings
- Strong math skills, ability to work with detailed measurements
- Comfort working with a variety of digital tools, including: Zoom and the Google Suite
- First Aid/CPR is an asset
- Access to a computer and the internet