||Jun 28, 2022
Grow with us, and have a part in making Huron Tractor the “Right Choice” for our Customers!
Huron Tractor is one of John Deere’s largest partners in Canada, with eleven locations servicing Southern Ontarians. We’re proud to serve a community of customers that spans agricultural operations, commercial enterprises and homeowners, with one of the largest inventories of machines and parts in Canada.
Location: Exeter, Ontario
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
This position reports to the Service Manager in Exeter and is responsible coordinating all long distance and local trucking from our Exeter store, and dispatching three transport trucks, and one local pickup truck with trailer.
Why Huron Tractor?
Our commitment to great customer service starts with the great people on our team. We take pride in helping our employees develop careers that reward, enrich and grow with the individual.
- Great training opportunities through John Deere, as well as internal training
- Competitive compensation
- RRSP’s and extended benefits
- Future Growth Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Excellent team environments with a Social Committee that plans great events
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Reviews and schedules daily loads, while organizing routes and loads efficiently, working with other Huron Tractor locations to ensure efficient trucking is taking place.
- Keeps online trucking schedule up to date daily, working with Service and Sales departments to have equipment prepared for trucking
- Completes quotes, purchase orders, and invoices for trucking
- Schedules annual service inspections for vehicles and schedules maintenance for all vehicles under the service care.
- Renews and prepares paperwork required for trucking, including Customs Documents for import and export of equipment, Annual IRP Plates, Cab Cards, Wide Load Permits, County Permits, IFTA Stickers, Transponders, UCR Registrations
- Interacts with and hires outside carriers to complete loads that cannot be carried by Huron Tractor Assets
- Reviews drive trip sheets to file and maintain IFTA Compliance
Other Companies may call this role: Dispatch Coordinator, Trucking Logistician, Dispatcher, Logistics Coordinator
Please forward your resume with cover letter stating how your qualifications and experience fit with the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be posted until filled. Apply Today! We thank all for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but is a general definition of the position's scope.
Huron Tractor welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law. Accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 519-235-1115
- Previous experience in similar position would be preferred
- Experience with Agricultural machinery would be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexible to work schedule and extended hours